Monday, December 10, 2007

The off season (hah, I said that with at striaght face!)

It seems as though there really is no off season. There is a lesser season, but not off.

Things are going well though. I am doing a running challenge. 100 runs in 100 days. I will be doing December straight with no rest days. I can double up some days and apply that to the 100 total. It should be interesting. Feeling really strong running right now, so it is definitely a good thing. Running is my weakest event so I really want to boost it up a lot.

Have also been plotting for next year. This is my schedule as of now.

Milton Sprint
Vancouver Worlds OLY(not sure about this one, cost will be an issue)
Muskoka long course
Guelph OLY (if I don't do worlds)
Peterborough 1/2 IM
Steelhead 70.3
Timberman 70.3 (maybe)
Orillia Sprint
The Canadian Irondistance Race
IM FLA.

A pretty ambitious season. Not so many short races this year. I will be focusing on the longer distances as I enjoy those a lot more!
I would love to qualify for 70.3 worlds, and if the stars align maybe even KONA.

The body is recouping well from IMFLA. Trying to keep the hours around 10 for the next few weeks. Will start bumping them up to 12 or 13 in January. That is it for now.

Awaiting the arrival of our new puppy. An Alaskan Malamute. She will make for a good running and XC partner.

No comments: